Hymid finalists in ‘finance for the future’ competition
29th June 2012
Hymid were thrilled to be chosen as finalists in this years’ Finance for the Future Awards, in the Small Business category – http://www.financeforthefuture.co.uk.
After our initial submission, we were visited by two representatives of the Awards – they enjoyed the grand tour of our manufacturing facility and their feedback was incredibly positive, both complimenting the Hymid team for their “openness”. (Well, as our CEO says – we’re not running the Kremlin!)
After presentations in London followed by a gruelling Q&A session, we were invited to the finale – a ceremony at the prestigious venue of 8 Northumberland Avenue, located yards from the official Centre of London, on Tuesday 19th June.
The awards have been developed and organised by NatWest, The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project and ICAEW.
Candidates had to demonstrate the following:
• That the business has operations in the United Kingdom.
• That the business is a small business (defined as a business with turnover of less than £25m or less than 250 employees).
• Evidence that business sustainability is embedded in the decision-making of the organisation and its long-term planning process.
• Evidence of change within the organisation.
• Impact on the way in which capital/financing has been managed and utilised to create long-term value.
• Originality of thought/innovation.
• Evidence of the positive impact on the environment, society and the economy that is financially sustainable.
• Evidence of effective engagement and communication with staff and external stakeholders.
You can see the video here.