Much of our work was applied to the mouth of both products, where the moulded components meet with the stainless steel to optimise the user interaction, as well as improving the thermal sealing properties of the final assembly.
The apparent simplicity of the contemporary design was achieved using a high level of technical design and engineering. Our ability to collaborate with various key stakeholders in the new product development (NPD) process has ensured a balanced input of critical engineering control alongside the innovative product design.
Working alongside the client as well as the design team, tool makers and production engineers, Hymid was able to support in the creation of a highly sophisticated suite of precision engineered tooling. The guiding influence provided throughout the development journey has undoubtedly reduced risk and optimised the manufacturing and production processes.
The project included:
- Injection moulded soft-touch anti-microbial collar for the bottle, incorporating two threads: a screw-in bung with two-shot elastomer seal, and a reverse screw opening for drinking or pouring.
- Selection of polymers capable of performing alongside the stainless steel at extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Long-lasting antimicrobial properties through use of BioCote’s proprietary additive technology.
- Two shot injection moulded carry loop in a soft-touch elastomer, connecting to the lid assembly via co-moulded, press-fit stud pins.
- Robust screw-on soft touch coffee cup collar, with rotating lockable lid to avoid spillages while improving the user interaction and experience.
- Rigorous development of ‘Colour, Material and Finish’ (CMF) to ensure the product met the client brief of being tactile and functional while retaining the core values of the brand aesthetic.
- Use of recyclable materials and easily dismantlable constituent parts, to ensure a responsible end-of-life for the product.